Monday, January 6, 2014

12 Week Ultrasound Photos

Here are some of the ultrasound photos from December 20th.  I was about 12 weeks along. From these pictures the doctor could see separate placentas. This means that they are Diamniotic/Dichorionic which is the set of twins least likely to have complications.







Many people have commented that twins run in Aaron's family.  True there's a few sets of twins in Aaron's family on the Luptak (his dad's) side.  Unfortunately I can't stick this on him.  While fraternal twins is a genetically predisposed trait, it can only come from the maternal side.  The woman (me) has to have the genetic trait to release two eggs at one time.  No man can make a woman due this.  After doing some research we (my sister and I) found that there is at least one other set of fraternal twins on my father's mother's side.  Since my grandmother only had sons it was forgotten about. This does mean since I have twins on my side and Aaron has twins on his the chances of Abby or any other daughter having twins is greatly increased.

No comments:

Post a Comment